Medical Insurance is Not the Same as Vision Insurance.
Medical insurance covers cases that fall under medical necessity. Therefore, if you have an eye disease or problem that causes problems with your eyes, you can usually use your medical insurance. Some common examples of conditions for which we can bill your medical insurance include:
- Comprehensive eye exams, with dilation (not including the refraction – vision testing – part of the exam)
- Eye infection
- Diabetes eye exams
- Monitoring cataract development
- Examination of patients who use medications with possible ocular side effects, such as steroid medications, arthritis medications, etc.
- Management and treatment for macular degeneration
- Monitoring and treatment for glaucoma
- Emergency visit for loss of vision due to a medical condition
Tips for Using Your Medical Insurance
- When you call our Premier Vision to book an appointment, be sure to tell us the purpose of your visit. That way we can bill the appropriate insurance.
- Remember to bring your insurance card(s) with you to your appointment
- Verify the number of visits you are entitled to per year; this amount can vary between different insurance policies
- Clarify the deductibles and copayments involved. You will need to pay the deductible, which is then subtracted from the balance.
- If you require both optical and medical eye care services (such as checking your vision prescription in addition to inspecting your cataract development), we can coordinate the benefits of your vision insurance and medical insurance plans in order to help you minimize your expenses. You may be able to use one policy to cover your eyewear and another to cover your medical needs.
At Premier Vision, we aim to give you the most value for your vision! Our team will be pleased to help you understand your insurance policy and the best ways to use it. For more information, contact us at (719) 488-9595.
If you do not see your medical insurance plan listed below, call us to ask about it.
Medical Plans We Are Contracted With:
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Colonial Penn Life Insurance Company
Friday Health Plans
Golden Rule Insurance Company
Great American Life
Kaiser Permanente(we are unable to accept Kaiser Select Plans; purple insurance cards)
Mutual of Omaha
Rocky Mountain Health Plans
Tricare for Life
Tri-West/PC3 (formerly VA Choice)
United Health Care
USAA Medicare Supplement Insurance
Vision Plans We Are Contracted With:
Blue View Vision